Phoenix Group career opportunities. Join the Phoenix Group Team.
Logistics Specialist Cargo/Weapons Elevators (0050-009)
Location: Norfolk VA
Description of Duties:
Provide technical assistance, assessment, inspection, corrective actions and groom support for code 255 (elevators,
deck edge, Hangar Bay division doors and lift platform, conveyors, dumbwaiters, ammo strike down equipment, CIWS
ammo handling equipment) at MARMC, Norfolk, VA. Conduct inspections/assessments of equipment/conditions and
parameters for out of specification settings. Evaluate and document findings and provide repair recommendations.
Provide debrief following each ship visit.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Navy assessment programs, visit processes and reporting methods for visits.
• Demonstrated ability for interpreting wiring diagrams and control schematics.
• Be familiar with ILS LOGICOM, TAS-info
• Knowledge of Naval Message formatting and drafting and Navy correspondence.
• Ability to utilize computers including the Microsoft Office Suite for compiling information for reports and history
files and transfer digital pictures from camera to computer and enhance as required and label them for report
• Be familiar with reporting requirements of the 3M system per NAVSEAINST 4790.8C.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
• Minimum of four (4) years experience as a logistics specialist providing ILS support for Cargo/Weapons elevators
, deck edge, Hangar Bay divisional doors and lift platform, conveyors, dumbwaiters, ammo strike down
equipment, CIWS ammo handling equipment. Shall be familiar elevator, door, conveyor terminology and
configurations and produce readiness assessment reports as defined by the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual Chapter
8 and as directed.Special Requirements:
High School or GEDApply Online
© 2017 Phoenix Group of Virginia, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Phoenix Group of Virginia, Inc. 630C Woodlake Drive Chesapeake, VA 23320 757-228-1730 Fax: 757-961-5052
Phoenix Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran