Phoenix Group career opportunities. Join the Phoenix Group Team.
Engineering Technician IV, OWS (0050-015)
Location: Norfolk VA
Description of Duties:
Provide technical assistance, assessment, inspection, corrective actions and groom support for code 251 (Aux
Circ/condensate/sea water pumps/CHT/VCHT/distilling plants, electronic cooling water/fire pumps/fuel & lube oil
pumps and purifiers, JP5 service/transfer/cargo/stripping pumps and purifiers, main and auxiliary condensers/main
condensate pumps/main seawater circ pumps, etc.) at MARMC, Norfolk, VA. Conduct fleet technical assistance,
inspections and assessments of equipment/conditions and parameters for out of specification settings. Evaluate and
document findings and provide repair recommendations. Provide debrief following each ship visit.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Navy assessment programs, visit processes and reporting methods for visits.
• Demonstrated regular use of accepted current instrumentation for diagnosing equipment.
• Demonstrated ability for interpreting wiring diagrams and control schematics.
• Able to utilize the Microsoft Office Suite for compiling information for reports and history files and transfer
digital pictures from camera to computer and enhance as required and label them for report purposes.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
• Minimum of twelve (12) years' experience within the last 25 years in the mechanical operation, repair,
maintenance and assessment of US Naval pollution abatement and auxiliary equipment to include but not be
limited to " oily water separators, collection holding and transfer systems (CHT), plastic waste processors (PWP)
and caious types f pumps and piping associated with these systems.Special Requirements:
High School or GEDApply Online
© 2017 Phoenix Group of Virginia, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Phoenix Group of Virginia, Inc. 630C Woodlake Drive Chesapeake, VA 23320 757-228-1730 Fax: 757-961-5052
Phoenix Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran